Here's how I integrate Maschine as a VST instrument into Cubase 8 projects.
1. Create a Rack Instrument, and select Maschine
2. add MIDI tracks, and route their output to Maschine
3. In Maschine, right-click on the group and select 'sounds to MIDI notes'
4. Set the Group MIDI input as shown below (important: set Root Note to C3):
5. Select all Sounds in the Group (ctrl-A) and put the MIDI input setting as shown below:
6. Set the Sound MIDI output settings as follows:
And you are done. The only disadvantage I could not get rid off, is that recording only works when CLICKING the record button in Cubase. When using the keyboard command ('*' in my case), the Maschine also goes in Record mode, leading to double recording both in Cubase and in Maschine. If anyone out there knows how to fix this - pls let me know by replying to this post.
Francis Depuydt, owner of Roth Eleven Productions.